Monday, March 2, 2015

Monthly Review -- February 2015


Dividends

Since I am still at the initial stage to build up my DGI portfolio, the monthly dividend is still minimal. In the month of February, I received $27.50 from Verizon (NYSE: VZ).
  • Verizon (NYSE: VZ): $27.50, received on 02/02/15.
New Purchases

There are two new purchases in February. I realized that I am very conservative in stock purchasing.  For below two stocks, I should have purchased more shares since I have cash on hand.
  • 20 shares JNJ @ $97.97, which gave me forward 12-month dividends $56. 
  • 30 shares BAX @$68.00, which gave me forward 12-month dividends $62.40.
Puts expiration in February
  • GE -- Strike price $24 -- Net premium $49.90.
  • T   -- Strike price $32  -- Net premium $43.90.
  • KMI -- Strike price $40 -- Net premium $23.90.
Total income of puts writing is $117.70. In the future, I'll focus more on stock purchases, instead of puts writing.  Puts writing to me is like a limit purchase order, for purchasing stock at desired price while earning some premium.

6 comments:

  1. Gogogogogogo! We all start somewhere. Like the put writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, FV. I learned a lot from your blog. :-)

      Delete
  2. I like the JNJ and BAX additions. I added to JNJ recently and plan to add to BAX shortly.

    Don't worry about starting small! We all were there. Hopefully you will start out with a better plan than I did!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi InvestLikeGrampa, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I agree with you. Steadily and patiently we all strive towards FI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a neat sum of money for writing options. Congrats on the passive income. Do you share your portfolio? Dont see it at the top.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R, thanks for stopping by. I haven't share my portfolio yet because I think it's too tiny for now. But I'll consider to share it in April.

      Delete