Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dividend Stock Purchase: XOM

Today I also bought 40 shares XOM at $89 in my ROTH IRA account.


Date 1/5/2017
Strategy Dividend stock purchase
Account ROTH IRA
Symbol XOM
Shares 40
Purchase price $89.00
Total cost w/ commission $3,567.00
Annual dividend $3.00
Initial dividend yield 3.37%
Annual dividend income increase $120.00
Comment 1) It's not a very good purchase price considering current price trend.  But I am fine with it because I want to gradually accumulate energy stock shares.
2) From the daily chart, it seems that a better purchase price is around $82-$83.  I'll wait that price range to add more shares or sell puts in my brokerage account.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent buy. I have to say I'm kind of impressed by all the buying activity among our peers in this first week of trading. You hit the ground running with this dividend stalwart. Look forward to seeing more buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Keith. Frankly speaking, I am not very satisfied with the purchase rice. I think XOM is downtrend in the short term. I put a limit order in my ROTH account in the mid of Dec, and didn't review it since. But overall, I like this dividend stalwart, and I bought it as a long term investment, so I'm fine with this trading.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the buy. It's good to see people jumping back into energy, oil specifically. It will be interesting to see what happens here, with an oil friendly president in office.

    ReplyDelete